For Songwriters, Labels, Producers and Musicians…
“Finally…a PROVEN package of Music Agreements that provides you the protection you need — step-by-step and word-for-word so you can secure your music, your rights and your money”
Do You Worry That You Might Be Getting a Bad Deal…?
Are You Concerned Because You Don’t Have Thousands to Drop on an Entertainment Attorney…?
Wouldn’t it Be Nice To Have This All Taken Care of So You Could Focus Back on Your Work…?
After Reading This You Will Find Out Exactly How To Protect Your Music Business and Career for Less Than a Night on the Town
This moment seems like it was just yesterday. Sitting across my desk from me was a huge music star that I had grown up listening to and admiring.
But here he was at my office seeking legal help because he had a serious problem. Although he had been around for almost 30 years he had some issues with past agreements that were causing him some headaches and costing him a ton of money!
I wish I could say this was unusual but unfortunately during my time in this industry, I’ve witnessed many music careers get chopped up and murdered.
I am happy to say that I was able to eventually help this musician and get back some of the thousands and thousands of dollars he was owed…. BUT it was not easy and not cheap for him (I’m a lawyer after all and our rates are not low)
But this situation really bugged me. Because I had seen it over and over again. Someone has finally reached a certain amount of success in their Music career, either as a songwriter, producer or artist.
But a past situation of either a bad agreement or no agreement at all comes back to haunt them.
The thing is I knew that some very simple well structured legal agreements could have solved their situation!
Listen, its not their fault. Who the heck can afford a big time Entertainment Attorney early in their career to look out for their best interests?
Record companies and collaborators are sometimes counting on this so they can take advantage of the situation and get the better end of the deal!
Well I racked my brain trying to figure out a solution. How could I help as many people as possible avoid these types of problems with their Music?
After all I could not offer my services for free. Time is limited and I had my own clients who were paying my rates for me to give them their full attention.
That is when it hit me! Most of the agreements I have put together for clients over the years, including the ones for the largest artists and entertainment companies in the world, were actually very similar.
If I could find a way to somehow package the most important agreements that cover the vast majority of the issues I see this would have a tremendous value to artists, producers and songwriters.
So I went to the lab and got to work!
It took a LOT of tweaking but I finally came up with my final package of Music Agreements.
A package that could be easily acquired. That could be kept at an affordable price. That were easy to understand and use. That would protect Music people and their work.
And this is final package I have created for you…..
- Work for Hire Agreement with Waiver – this is an, all-purpose form that ensures that you don’t accidentally relinquish rights to people who contribute to your music. U.S. Copyright law requires any work-for-hire relationship to be in writing. This form also includes a waiver in case the hired person is signed to a company (i.e., production company, label, publisher).
- Music Collaboration Agreement – this is a form that may be used in instances when a music producer is collaborating with a recording artist to create a recording. This particular agreement shows the producer creating the “beats”, and the artist both performs and is the songwriter. Here, the parties agree to each own 50% of the final recording.
- Songwriter Collaboration Agreement – this is a general form that may be used in instances when two (or more) songwriters are collaborating to write a musical composition. This particular agreement shows the writers administering their own shares.
- Side Artist Agreement – this is a general form that may be used in instances where a side artist is engaged to contribute vocals to a recording. This particular agreement allows the side artist to keep ownership of any lyrics he or she may write.
- FREE Bonus 1!! Split Sheet Agreement – this is a simple one-pager form that can be used to show the division of a musical composition (i.e., writer’s shares and publisher’s shares). Its great to have on hand when you are registering your compositions with ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC
- FREE Bonus 2!! Mechanical License – this is a general form that may be used when a writer or producer is granting a record company the right to use a musical composition. Many times writers/producers do not know that a record label will not pay mechanical royalties unless a mechanical license in place.
- FREE Bonus 3!! Master Use/Sync License – this is a general form that grants a licensee the right to use your Music in a project (ie; Film, Internet, TV, presentation etc..), an attached schedule makes the scope easy to adjust.
When I went to my team with this idea they did not like it all!
Why would you charge such a low price for something you could bill your high legal rates for?
You have some big name clients wont this cheapen your brand?
My answer to them was I am willing to risk that to help as many aspiring music industry folks as possible!
So how much do you think a package like this is worth? Based on the same agreements I have created for over 15 years in Music for some of the biggest companies and names in the game?
Guess what? I don’t care if its worth $5,000. I want to make it available for less than $100. I do not want you to come into my office 5 years from now stuck in a bad deal you cannot get out of.
That is why (for a limited time) I am making this entire package of agreements plus the bonus agreements available for only $89.95.
2 Ways to Kill Your Music Career
And How To Avoid Them
Music careers usually get killed for 2 reasons…
Career Killer #1: Ignorance and Sloppy Business Decisions
There are secrets and strategies I’ve learned that can save you money, increase your royalties and income and much more.
But if you’re one of these artsy-fartsy folks who focuses ONLY on the music (and ignores the business side that feeds you), you’ll struggle, you’ll miss lucrative opportunities and even fail before you become well known or springboard to super-stardom.
I’ve seen it happen far too many times.
That’s why I’ve put this package together… so you can quickly gain my most precious (and CURRENT) insider tactics and strategies for getting ahead, maximizing your earnings.
Career Killer #2: Lack of Protection of Your Work and Your Money
Simply by having SOLID agreements in place, you can avoid untold misery and loss of what’s rightfully yours.
And if you think you don’t need agreements because you’re just starting out… forgive me, but you’d be targeting yourself as a sucker who does not value your own work or income.
Many musicians, songwriters and producers lean on the excuse that they can’t afford thousands of dollars to hire an attorney. And I get that.
That’s why I’ve packaged the top 6 Essential Music industry Agreements into an affordable package that cost less than a generous round of drinks at the bar.
These are general, 100% editable forms based on agreements I’ve drafted for actual clients – including some of the biggest stars in the Music Industry.
It is impossible for me to predict your specific situation, but these agreements address the legal issues that I have seen over and over again through the years.
As I always recommend, if your circumstances are unique, such as needing customized agreements, then you should consult an attorney.
Feel Confident – know that these are based on the same work that I have used for dozens of successful Musicians & Producers!
“Richard Jefferson is a Mensch and a gentleman who is also well-versed in cutting-edge legal developments that he employs to help his clients, from the large to the very small. He is especially good about looking after the business interests of the ‘little guy’ and is just as well equipped to handle large, complex and far reaching deals.
In a business where one deal can make, break or substantially derail a career, having a guy like Richard on your side means dramatically evening the odds in your favor for long term success in an exciting but volatile industry. ” – Tess Taylor – President, NARIP National Association of Record Industry Professionals (the largest music industry network in the world)
“Not only is Richard a knowledgeable attorney, he’s a great guy. He genuinely cares about helping you and has the experience to do it. Hard working, trustworthy, and a consummate professional…Richard is the one you want on your team.” – Tamala Hutcherson – Manager, Contract Administration at Disney Music Group
- We met with several entertainment attorneys, and upon meeting Richard, we knew he was the one to represent our daughter with a potentially touchy legal procedure.
- We liked Richard’s approach; his understanding of our situation; his strategy and reasoning; and most certainly his promptness and follow through which is critical. –
Chris Beaty – Director at Experis
Hiring an attorney to draft these agreements will easily cost you at LEAST ten times the price of this package.
Many of the problems I see music industry professionals struggle with could have been avoided if they had the proper agreements in place before starting their project. You now have the opportunity to protect your project and all your hard work and get piece of mind for about the price of a decent pair of jeans!
That being said I want you to be completely satisfied. Look I do not really make money off these. I make my living with my legal rates. So if this does not help you and your career than I do not want your money.
That is why I offer a 100% 30-Day Money Back Guarantee! If for ANY reason you are not satisfied with you agreements and don’t think you got your moneys worth, please just shoot me a quick email and I will fully refund you, no questions asked!
I am not going to just give you these agreements and walk away though. I want to make sure you have as much information as possible to succeed in your Music career.
That is why I am offering an extra special bonus for you if you order the agreements now.
Order Now & You’ll Also Instantly
Get This $67 E-Book FREE…
Making it in Today’s Music Industry
What You Need to Know to Succeed
Some of the priceless secrets you’ll discover inside…
- How to avoid getting ripped off by the “new media royalties” that suck 80% of your income
- How to survive and thrive with the New Industry Model – including the fastest-growing revenue pool for up-and coming musicians today
- The simple step that shields you from legal threats that can zap you of everything you own (including the rights to your own music)
- How to pay the lowest tax allowed by law so you can keep more profit for yourself
- How to erect an intellectual property fortress that crushes malicious theft of your work. Sleep easy with enforceable protection of your recorded music, written compositions, album art, video concepts, photos and more
- “The Critical 5” members of your team that can springboard you from starving artist to proprietor of a bulletproof music industry empire
- The single most important step that protects you’re your work, your music and your money (without this, your career already has one foot in the grave)
- The easy way to avoid $150,000 clearing sample violations!
- The often misunderstood “contributing talent” mistake that makes your collaborative music tracks worthless – and how to prevent it from happening to you
- Publishing Splits demystified – how to identify, document and protect your fair share
- And much, much more
Click on the ADD TO CART button below. You will be given instant access to a secure download form for your agreements.
Good luck on your project!
Just a reminder if you order now you get:
- Work for Hire Agreement with Waiver
- Music Collaboration Agreement
- Songwriter Collaboration Agreement
- Side Artist Agreement
- FREE Bonus 1!! Split Sheet Agreement
- FREE Bonus 2!! Mechanical License
- FREE Bonus 3!! Master Use/Sync License
- PLUS My Free Ebook How to Make it in the Music Industry Today
This agreement package has become so popular my team has been begging me to raise the price.
These agreements will only be at this low of a price for a limited time.
Act now so you do not miss out on getting your agreements at this extremely low price of under $90.